NAMASTE

NAMASTE
mother nature is beauty

Yoga Journal Pose of the Day

Rodney Yee's Daily Yoga Pose

Thursday, February 11, 2010

POSE ~ Crane pose - bakasana

Bakasana (crane pose)
baka = crane

I love this pose. When I took a class a few years ago, it was the one pose that I became really great at. It strengthens so many parts of your body. It takes focus and concentration. You feel so accomplished after holding this pose, in so many ways. I have very weak wrists and this pose helps to stengthen them. It was very hard at first, but I kept at it and felt stronger each time. You use your abs and thighs and arms all in balance. I usually put a pillow in front of me to catch my head should I lose my balance. I try to hold it as long as I can, stretching the duration each time.

Everyone should try this pose !

1 comment:

  1. Bakasana is a really important pose. It’s great that you talk about your experience with it. My boss, Leeann Carey, is a world-renowned yoga teacher & she says that it's great for your core. She has a free yoga video on this subject that you should check out: http://planetyoga.com/yoga-blogs/index.php/free-yoga-video-breakdown-of-bakasana-crane-pose/

    ReplyDelete